The primary objective of the Cage Cashier is to distribute money to gaming guests via check cashing and the conversion of gaming instruments into currency, as well as safeguarding company assets while dealing with the public in an efficient and courteous manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safeguards company assets and adhere to Cage policies and procedures
- Maintains and is held accountable for all funds entrusted to him/her on an assigned shift
- Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all guests in a confidential manner
- Creates teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions
- Balances all money transactions and paperwork
- Meets all attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies
- Maintains a general working knowledge of Title 31 requirements by attending annual training as provided by 7th Street Casino
- Acts as a role model; presenting oneself as an exemplary employee of 7th Street Casino and encouraging others to do the same
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position
Other duties as assigned to facilitate the efficiency of Casino Cage operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Prior cash handling experience
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee or guest conflicts
- Must be able to enter data and read and interpret output from computer
- Basic math skills including the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10 and 100
- Must have excellent guest service (internal and external) skills
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to prepare, read, and interpret documents; write reports and correspondence; and speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people
- Ability to compose grammatically correct documents
- Ability to verbally communicate using appropriate English standards of language
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs
Must be able to qualify for ALL licenses or permits required by local, State, Federal and/or Wyandotte Nation law
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and take a minimum of 80 (eighty) stairs for entirety of shift as required to conduct normal assigned duties
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry 35# (thirty-five pounds) in emergency situations
- Ability to function in a smoking environment
- Employee smoking is restricted to outside location and during break times
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise levels in the work environment are constant
- Ability to stand and use fingers throughout a ten hour shift
Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.