The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for guests and employees, promoting and retaining a highly skilled work force. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring accurate and secure operation of the cashier cages on assigned shift, while providing extraordinary guest service to ensure established guidelines comply with all internal and external regulatory directives and laws.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
Delivers superior internal and external guest service the Belterra way by ensuring every interaction includes our Six Core Service Standards (Look sharp, smile and greet the guest; Be friendly, polite and use courteous language; Provide especially timely and knowledgeable service and then some; Always find solutions to guests’ problems; Use the guest’s name when appropriate; Thank the guest and invite him or her back.); and work harmoniously with fellow team members.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to have Belterra as their casino of choice; responsible for actively building and retaining customer relations and acts as a mentor to employees in order to provide extraordinary guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates and manages staffs in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established department objectives.
- Establishes and maintains departmental objectives, standards, guidelines and budget to ensure proper management of department functions.
- Monitors and coordinates activities of cage personnel such as chip exchange on assigned shift to maintain integrity of cage funds.
- Works with high-limit customers to ensure they are provided with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Responsible for voiding tickets, corrections, and refunds with proper authorization.
- Reviews relevant gaming regulations daily to ensure that the cage is in compliance with all gaming regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for redemptions, bonus point adjustment, etc.
- Understands department objectives, standards, guidelines and budget to achieve effective supervision of the department.
- Enforce overall department policies/procedures to ensure compliance with the company’s internal controls including tracking of controlled documents and enrollment and redemption procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and operations of cashiers to ensure achievement of financial, policy and regulatory objectives.
- Makes recommendations of disciplinary action to the Cage & Credit Manager.
- Works with Cage & Credit Manager to remedy customer problems and complaints, ensuring courteous, friendly service.
- Maintains contact with Security and Surveillance Departments and the bank to locate variances and ensure proper handling of monies.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, outside contacts, and all levels of employees.
- Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Ability to observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Ability to use computer, keyboard, and similar equipment.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Knowledge of cashier’s operations.
- Knowledge of gaming control regulations and the legal aspects of credit rating systems and laws.
- Understanding of legal, banking and accounting issues important.
- Proven financial and budgeting control skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or closely related field, and/or a minimum of five year’s experience in cashier/credit/collections operations or overall gaming operations with two years in a managerial capacity.
Belterra® is a classic but revolutionary casino resort situated on the scenic Ohio River near the Markland Dam in Switzerland County, Indiana. Belterra offers a first class gaming and resort experience featuring 38,000 square feet of gaming space, outstanding guest rooms and suites, seven delicious food venues, a shopping pavilion, full-service spa and salon, a 1,500-seat entertainment showroom, an 18-hole Tom Fazio designed golf course and more than 50,000 square feet of meeting and conference space.
Belterra Casino Resort
777 Belterra Drive
Florence, Indiana 47020-9402
Boyd Gaming Corporation has been successful in gaming jurisdiction in which we operate in the United States and is one of the premier casino entertainment companies in the United States. Never content to rest upon our successes, we will continue to evolve and retain a position of leadership in our industry.
Our past success, our current business philosophies and our sound business planning, combine to position Boyd Gaming Corporation to maximize value for our shareholders, our team members and our communities.
We, as members of Boyd Gaming Corporation, operate with only the highest degree of integrity, and rely on the competence and friendliness of each person in our organization to provide entertainment and service to satisfy our customers' wants.
Through teamwork, we strive to maximize shareholder value, to be among the leading companies in our industry and to provide opportunities for all while we support and enhance our communities.
Boyd Gaming is one of the nation’s leading casino entertainment companies. But we’re so much more – a Fortune 1000 company that retains the philosophy of a family-owned business, focused on creating long-term, sustainable growth for our shareholders. This philosophy defines and separates us from the competition, making us unique in our industry.
From our earliest beginnings in the 1970s, we made a commitment to our shareholders and our team members to create an operating style built around family. In a highly competitive industry, our Boyd Style of hospitality has come to define us in a most unique way.
Forging ahead in the coming years, we will remain focused on our three main goals: improving our operating performance, continuing to execute on our current growth strategy, and demonstrating our branding initiatives.
We remain confident in the strength of our Company to successfully meet whatever challenges lie ahead.