Four days - 10-hour Shifts Available!
Employment Opportunity: Cal-Trans Job Coach
Achievement House, Inc has been sub-contracted by CAL-TRANS to maintain the Gaviota Rest Stops for North & South Bound. Keeping up those rest stops is a job and contract we are very proud to have. It gives the opportunity for individuals' served to have a secure job 365 days of the year! As a Job Coach for Cal-Trans it is your responsibility to maintain the scope of the contract and create a positive work environment for the individuals to learn and thrive in. Professional development and successful independent skills are the ultimate goal for all those we serve. This position has no supervisory duties.
Full-Time schedule is four 10-hour shifts and Part-Time is two 10-hour shifts. Including one weekend day.
- Maintain a courteous, positive, enthusiastic, well-mannered and professional demeanor while working with Individuals served and the community.
- Complete checklist in scope of contract.
- Service, clean, and/or supply restrooms.
- Assist with gathering and emptying trash and litter removal.
- Assist with cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Assist with dusting furniture, fixtures, walls, machines and equipment.
- Follow safety procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and cleaning solutions.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Maintain positive communication between AHI and Contracted site.
- Work with Individual�s served and co-workers in a proactive manner to encourage behavior changes as needed.
- Ensure that all crew tracking, timecards, goal tracking, timings, and end of month paperwork is being turned in on time and reviewed for accuracy.
Good Benefits & Compensation
- Paid Group Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time Off, Sick & Holiday Pay for Full-Time Employees
- Medical Insurance for Full-time Employees
- Voluntary Vision & Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
Perks of becoming an Owl:
AHI employees are self-motivated individuals who demonstrate and embrace our commitment to customer service. As we interface with employers, our employees represent AHI and provide the teamwork needed to form a lasting work relationship with our community partners. We believe that a cohesive, caring environment will empower our individuals to find success professionally and as well as personally.
Making a Difference
We create a positive impact & change for those we serve and the communities we live in. Achieving our mission as an agency: �Building Partnerships & Creating Choices�
We have monthly trainings and want you to succeed in your role. We offer additional training for those who want to expand their knowledge.
Working in human service is more than a paycheck, it�s the opportunity to grow as an individual and to learn new skills to educate those we support.
AHI provides the opportunity to work in multiple locations. We are in beautiful San Luis Obispo and far as South as Lompoc and Gaviota
Education / Experience:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Previous experience working with developmentally disabled adults preferred.
Must have own vehicle, maintain a current California driver�s license and provide ongoing proof of current state required auto insurance. Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agency�s insurance carrier. Must clear fingerprints through the California Department of Justice and FBI. The ability to successfully complete First Aid / CPR training is mandatory.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Necessary for this position are compassion, patience, good communication, resourcefulness, and the ability to make sound decisions. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload. Strong English oral and written communication skills are required. Reading, writing, basic math skills, attention to detail for extended periods of time, repetition, problem solving, and the ability to motivate others.
Essential functions of this position require that employees regularly sit, stand, bend, twist and walk. Employees may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 lbs.