The Calibration Technician B will apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment in the Acoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Fluid, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy. The Calibration Technician B will identify and utilize appropriate manual and automated measurement procedures.
This position will normally receive general instructions on work, applying job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks, and working on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. The Calibration Technician B will perform laboratory housekeeping and may be asked to report opinions and interpretations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in one or more of the following disciplines – Acoustical, Chemical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, RF/Microwave, Fluid, Mechanical, Optical, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency, in order to ensure compliance with published specifications
- Maintain secondary and/or working calibration standards
- Perform basic maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision equipment
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration
- Identify out-of-tolerance conditions and perform corrective action via adjustments, component replacement, correction factors, etc
- Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Adapt existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurement tasks for which they are not principally used
- Train subordinates in calibration concepts and procedures
- Interact with other technicians, Customer Service Representatives, Account Managers, and customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to perform general math and algebra functions
- Must possess good written and oral, communication skills
- Basic ability to troubleshoot repair, align and optimize precision equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient in use of MS Word and Excel
- Minimum one year of calibration experience some of which can be offset by formal metrology training
- Must have very good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to details
- Must be a self-motivator, work as a team player, and follow written procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance
- Occasional standing and bending are required
What We Offer
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Excellent benefits package includes; medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching, employee funded pre-tax health, child care spending accounts and tuition reimbursement
- Vacation, sick and paid holidays
SIMCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SIMCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SIMCO Electronics is the leading provider of calibration and software services for test and measurement instruments used in technology organizations. To learn more about SIMCO Electronics please site our home page at: https://www.simco.com/
To all recruitment agencies: SIMCO Electronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, SIMCO Electronics employees or any other company location. SIMCO Electronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.