The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
To direct and manage the daily activities of the Call Center and/or monitoring staff in the attainment of departmental goals while ensuring the highest possible level of customer service. To provide leadership and coaching for Call Center representatives to assure that all employees succeed in meeting individual goals for performance as well as career growth.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Monitoring Supervisor may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Maintain situational awareness of the activity in the Call Center and prioritize and direct the activities of the staff to most efficiently meet departmental goals.
- Performing quality assurance evaluations of employees to determine both the areas that the employee excels in and areas that need improvement.
- Coaching employees in correcting performance issues.
- Answering questions from representatives.
- Take disciplinary action when necessary including documentation of oral and written warning notices and terminations when needed.
- Meet with employees on a regular basis to review overall performance and set expectations for improvement and personal growth when applicable.
- Ensure that all customer correspondences are responded to or forwarded to the appropriate department within 72 hours of receipt in the department.
- May track statistical information as needed for the department and compile data into reports that are submitted to management in a timely manner.
- Ensure that performance reviews are completed and are conducted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all employees maintain schedule adherence, including arrival, breaks and lunch schedules.
- Conduct communication meetings with employees on a regular basis to ensure that changes in policies, procedures and standards are disseminated in a clear and concise manner and are understood by each employee. Also utilize this time to have employees vocalize any questions and concerns about operational issues.
- Handle escalated customer calls as needed.
- Meet with Specialists on a weekly basis to review individual employee performance and gather and exchange information on team performance.
- Process required forms for payroll and personnel.
- Write letters of correspondence to customers in response to questions or concerns.
- Complete projects as requested by management.
- May be required to obtain and maintain any licensing required for this position.
- Ensure accuracy of data in Mastermind Monitoring
- Establish good working relationships with other departments
- Perform Research on customer care calls related to monitoring
- Make credit adjustment to accounts when necessary
- Work with the branches and other departments to ensure customer issues are resolved
- Update account instructions as needed
- Utilize dashboards and reports to proactively manage account activity and support National Account customers
- Performs other duties and related work as assigned.
- Position requires weekend, holiday and shift work and may require mandatory overtime.
- Providing daily work direction for up to 50 full-time employees, approval of absences and/or overtime, recommendations and/or approval regarding hiring, terminations, pay changes and job changes.
- Continuously upgrade and /or enhance supervisory skills by participating in available classes, training, and seminars.
- Train, coach and mentor representatives on all duties of a specialist agent.
- Provide formal training, one-on-one or group training to disseminate information related to acquisitions, system changes, call handling procedures and other topics, which require personal presentations.
- Decisions in this role are made within prescribed operating guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of call center systems & operations.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of supervision.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Continuous use of discretion.
- Frequent need for creativity.
- Must have exceptional customer service and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to work with confidential information regarding customer accounts and employee files.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Ability to work overtime as requested by management.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Statistical analysis ability is also necessary.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively deal with problem situations involving both personnel and processes.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two to three years leadership experience and three to five years customer service experience.
- College or technical training preferred.
- Experience establishing operating procedures & measurements.
- Representative III or similar experience may be preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- May be required based on requirements of certain State and local regulations.
- Alarm Agent permit (to be obtained upon hire).
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com