Division: Retail Banking
Department: Call Center
Reports to: Call Center Manager
Location: 19 Harrison Avenue, Springfield, MA
Provides oversight and direction of daily work activities to designated team of Call Center Customer Service Representatives to ensure quality performance and responses to customer inquiries, effective problem resolution, expansion of customer relationships and achieving both individual and team goals.
- Responds to incoming calls from both internal and external customers. Ensures excellent customer service by responding to general account inquiries, deposit and loan rate requests, information about products and services, Internet Banking and ATM or Debit Card issues. Performs PIN resets, Internet banking and e-statement set up and check order requests. Responds to Web Support inquiries, files EFT complaints for customers reporting unauthorized electronic activity on accounts. Follows through with all customer issues and provides ongoing assistance as needed. Performs research to resolve issues; educates customer and promotes Berkshire Banks’ products and services. Identifies and offers new opportunities and solutions to meet customers’ needs. Identifies customers’ needs and offers new opportunities to customers to meet established goals. Actively supports and participates in the continued development of sales environment within the call center. 40%
- Oversees daily activity of designated Call Center Team. Handles complex calls and decision making. Assists with the development and coaching of team to identify and offer new opportunities to customers, develop and expand customer relationships and to handle more complex sales and service issues; assists with monitoring call center sales and referral program. Works with Call Center Manager to implement effective Team schedule. Participates in marketing campaigns, product development and product launches. Provides communication and support to branch network on related issues. Maintains up to date knowledge of industry, products and services to continually improve performance and efficiencies. Assists with the development, implementation, enhancement and support of call center strategies, initiatives and growth. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, products, services and related state and federal regulations. 30%
- Participates in designated Call Center Team performance management, may make salary recommendations and resolve routine personnel issues. Works with Call Center Manager to establish appropriate goals and objectives. Works with Call Center Manager and other Team Leaders to develop and administer the call center training function to ensure consistent delivery and to train designated team members to ensure a seamlessly integrated product/referral opportunity with each customer opportunity. Performs call monitoring and coaching and provides feedback to ensure the team is highly skilled and motivated and exemplifies AMEB behaviors. Commits to achieving performance standards in individual as well as team performance; compiles necessary data and reports to track and improve call center activity. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions. 15%
- Participates in special projects and support teams by providing ad hoc information and reporting. Identifies areas for process improvement and coaching opportunities. Provides input to Call Center Manager to continually improve Call Center level of service, knowledge and the services provided to become a Full Service Center. Represents bank in appropriate community organizations. 15%
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ banking experience
- Minimum 3 years’ Call Center experience
- Minimum 6-12 months in Berkshire Bank Call Center
- Supervisory or Management Experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer service/sales skills
- Problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Technically proficient in operations & procedures
- Attention to detail
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.