Looking to make a difference in a child's life? Interested in helping children reach their goals? Join our mission-driven team at ESF Camps & Experiences for a fun and rewarding summer as a SportsLab Coach!ESF is hiring motivated leaders with prior experience supervising children who believe in ESF's mission, build positive relationships and ensure the well-being of others. Make a positive impact on children while receiving comprehensive training, professional development, resume building, and networking opportunities. ESF offers:
- internships and field work opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students
- teaching positions with continuing education and leadership opportunities for educators
- great summer schedule
- competitive compensation
- employee referral bonus program
- year-round aftercare opportunities
Each day, Dream Camp provides hundreds of urban youth in Hartford, CT an opportunity to become the people we know they can be. Most importantly, we offer them the opportunity to become the people they want to be.
SportsLab, powered by Under Armour,is ESF Sports Camp reimagined. It's where sports and character intersect to develop a young athlete's skills and confidence while having serious fun. Each week, we highlight examples of excellent character on and off the field while participating in several different sports like lacrosse, basketball, baseball, flag football, and soccer.
Coaches' hours are from 8:00am-3:45pm; Monday Friday. Start and end times may vary depending on the location and camp. Coaches also have the opportunity to work extended hours for additional income. Coaches at Dream Camp at Trinity College work five (5) consecutive weeks from late June through late July/early August.SportsLab Coaches are hired in the following age groups at Dream Camp at Trinity College in Hartford, CT:
- Big East: 5th & 6th grades
- Big Ten: 7th & 8th grades
- ACC: 9th grades
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personaland skill development
- Inform site director of any concerns regarding the health and safety of the campers.
- In order to provide the appropriate ratio, the site director must approve any non-contracted requests for time off, schedule changes, or alterations to the schedule.
- Promote and actively participate in all camper activities
- Work effectively with other coaches and collaborate on various responsibilities
- Assist with camper instruction of 9 different weekly sports
- Coach, manage or assist with SportsLab programs
- Complete assigned paperwork
- Serve as a positive role model to campers
- Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
- Complete weekly progress reports for all campers
- Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus
- Work outside, upright and mobile for six (6) to eight (8) hours per day
- Respond to emergency situations which may include running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and ascending stairs without undue exertion
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Previous experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, coach, teacher, childcare, academic/athletic tutor
- Experience playing ESF offered sports; basketball, European Team handball, soccer, flag football, lacrosse, baseball, etc.
- Youth coaching experience (preferred)
- Previous camp counselor/coach experience (preferred)
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High School Graduate pursuing college degree preferred
Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols:
ESF has developed and will be implementing an Advanced Safety Plan to ensure our campers, team members, and parents thrive in a safe environment. This plan includes detailed safety measures in the following areas. Team members will be trained on all protocols and full compliance is expected.
- Limited enrollment and smaller group sizes
- Camper & staff screening with use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning, disinfection & hand washing
- Premier outdoor facilities
- Reasonable contact reduction, including social distancing practices
- Symptom Management Action Plan
- Specialized Safety Training
Other Requirements/Competencies for Success:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization
- Commit to the growth and development of youth
- Always have a positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrate excellent judgment; identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
- Attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrate the ESF Virtues of Character (Gratitude, Respect, Trustworthiness, Effort, Kindness, Positivity, Resilience, Community) in camp on a daily basis
- Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
- Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
- Reports directly to and takes direction from theSportsLab Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.