Weekly Rate: Starting at $225 – D.O.E.
Position Summary: The li...JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 16 years of age by June 1, 2020.
• Meet qualifications outlined in Safety Activity Checkpoints.
• Adheres to all Personnel Policies for Summer Camp Staff.
• Current Lifeguard Certification from American Red Cross (or approved equivalent under Girl Scout Safety Activity Checkpoints and the American Camp Association) or ability to obtain certification before camp.
• Experience as a lifeguard preferred.
• Exhibits mature decision-making.
• Exhibits good judgment and risk management assessment skills.
• Ability to work with, communicate with and teach children ages six through seventeen.
• Continuous ability to work well on a team.
• Knowledge of Girl Scouts and Girl Scout camp preferred.
• Must reside on camp property.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
• Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
• Strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
• Ability to demonstrate the prerequisites for American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification:
Swim 300-550 yards via freestyle or breaststroke
Tread water for 2 minutes
Complete the timed brick test for lifeguards
Swim 15 yards underwater without surfacing
• Continuous outdoor activity and exposure to weather.
• Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited equipment and facilities, with daily exposure to sun, heat, and insects.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
• Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate camp staff attire at all times.
• A criminal background check is required.
• Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
• Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects.
• Continuous ability to work well with others.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an EOE Employer