LOCATION: Remote within the U.S.
Daily Kos is the nation’s largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. We produce news you can do something about. Powered by millions of dedicated activists, we’re transforming media and organizing by empowering regular Americans to reshape politics.
Daily Kos Liberation League (DKLL) is an initiative of Daily Kos's Activism department. Grounded in strategic campaigns, coalition and relationship building, and political education, we work towards a radically inclusive progressive movement with BIPOC, LGBTQ+, religious minorities, immigrants, people with disabilities, and more to the center of policy.
Are you energized by the growing national support for the Movement for Black Lives? Excited by Muslim-led activism to repeal and ban discriminatory bans? Motivated by migrant youth activism for immigrant rights? Thrilled to organize from an intersectional lens? Inspired by the tenacity of organizers and activists working in the field and eager to support their work? Love big ideas and small details? We might be looking for you!
We are seeking a strong, confident, and impassioned Campaign Manager (Advocacy) to join our fast-growing Activism department and lead efforts to create, run, and track impactful policy and justice campaigns. The Campaign Manager will elevate key initiatives by researching and developing effective campaigns to advance the DKLL’s mission.
- Develop and launch creative digital campaign strategies and tactics in coordination with DKLL Campaign Director and Long Term Campaigns team
- Write compelling and persuasive content based on campaign priorities and rapid response needs -- including action pages, emails, blog posts, and more -- to engage the Daily Kos community
- Develop relationships with key individuals and partner organizations to expand database of contacts in progressive organizations
- Build on and improve systems with goal toward efficiency, reach, and impact
- Analyze metrics to track the effectiveness of campaigns, analyze and assess data, report findings, and adjust strategies accordingly
- Actively work and collaborate interdepartmentally and with team members to promote actions through various channels
- Utilize social media sharing platforms, blog posts, advertising units, and user-generated platforms to elevate DKLL campaigns and initiatives and build our audience
- 2+ years experience of digital campaigning, and/or key involvement with progressive advocacy campaigns with significant impact
- At least 1 year experience working with large coalitions
- Background in justice movements and/or advocacy
- Experience using a CRM database like Action Network
- Experience with data crunching, tracking, analysis, and presentation
- MS Excel proficiency required
- Sharp racial justice and intersectional organizing lens with commitment to systemic change
- Powerful writing/storytelling skills with an ability to engage and activate readers
- Superb proofreader with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Content editing experience is a big plus!
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to field and prioritize multiple tasks
- Exceptional communication skills both online and in-person
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, dynamic virtual working environment. (We have offices in Oakland and D.C. but we are all virtual during the pandemic)
- Understanding of U.S. politics and elections and the players or a willingness to learn
- Tech and internet savvy. We use Slack, Streak, Google Docs, Hangouts, Dropbox, Asana, and lots of other tools that make work life easier
Salary Range: $70-77K
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and reports to the Daily Kos Liberation League Campaign Director. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day’s news events, and people united by common cause. We’re a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Daily Kos does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee.