Campus Monitor Pool
2019-2020 School Year
Pay Grade: 302
Duty Days: 187
Salary Range: $16,236 - $20,291 Position Purpose
The campus monitor is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for students and staff by patrolling and monitoring the school campus, including the halls, lunchrooms, grounds and parking areas. The campus monitor may also greet visitors and direct them to the office to check into the building and will maintain high visibility throughout the school day.
Essential Job Functions
- Guard school building and property and make prescribed rounds of inspection throughout the day.
- May be responsible for putting out safety cones daily and/or occasionally.
- Patrol school corridors, locker rooms, restrooms, assembly and athletic facilities, gymnasiums, bus loading areas, and other campus locations in order to observe student behavior and to prevent violations and unsafe activities.
- May be responsible for placing metal detectors in designated areas.
- Provide information to school administrators and other authorized personnel regarding causes and effects of campus and community tensions.
- Prevent entry, or reports presence on grounds or in building, of unauthorized persons who are in violation of districts rules and regulations.
- Investigate unusual conditions and take immediate emergency action as appropriate.
- Prepare incident and other miscellaneous reports about crimes against District property and offenses against District personnel or students.
- Screen visitors, check hall passes, supervise buses loading and unloading.
- Maintain high visibility throughout the day by constantly monitoring the campus.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months to one year related work experience.
- Current or prior FWISD substitute or permanent campus monitor experience preferred.
- Experience working with youth and some college courses in child development preferred.
- Certified security guard or previous law enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English with bilingual skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of:
- oral and written communication skills.
- customer service techniques.
- correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Ability to:
- provide basic information and assistance to school/central administration personnel, office staff, parents, and/or outside agencies relative to District programs and activities.
- work confidentially with discretion.
- adhere to schedule as developed by area advisor/school principal.
- regularly attend work with a minimum of absences
- comply with dress code as directed (shirt, pants, jacket, and hat provided by District).
- restrain a combative individual if necessary.
Physical Job Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
Occasionally(0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions)
Frequently(34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly(67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours. The employee must exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Seventy five percent indoors, in controlled environment 25% outdoors; exposed to weather elements, extreme heat/cold, noise and dust. May be in situations with volatile/aggressive students or public. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities