The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Campus Planner / Urban Designer.
- Minneapolis, MN
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Seattle, WA
As a member of our national Campus Planning Studio you will assist the Lead Campus Planner and project planning team in developing, updating, and promoting DLR Group firmwide Campus Planning protocols and standards. As part of our integrated Higher Education practice you will create plans, strategies and recommendations for facilities, open space and infrastructure that elevate the student, faculty, staff and community experience through campus design.
If you are collaborative and client-oriented, with a strategic mindset that enjoys translating scales between person, the institution and the region, this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you�ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm.
The successful candidate will:
- Verify that projects are in compliance with institutional and host community planning and standards.
- Support campus and community engagement exercises and data gathering.
- Develop project vision, goals and objectives, and benchmarks.
- Collect and apply data for short-, mid- and long-term campus requirements.
- Analyze and develop alternatives for short, mid, and long-term campus improvements.
- Recommend improvements that meet client schedule and budgeting processes.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting complex land use and planning projects.
- Dual degrees or experience in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Interior Design or other related fields.
- Strong graphic skills in site planning, diagramming and report compilation.
- Proficient REVIT user.
- Experience in the use of computer modeling and rendering software.
- Project experience with higher education issues, trends and facilities.
- A demonstrated understanding of integrated planning for higher education.
- Project experience using Revit and Adobe Suite (InDesign and Illustrator highly desired).
- Interest in virtual reality and parametric modeling (experience in working with Dynamo, Rhino and Grasshopper).
- Interest in campus sustainability and resiliency.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.