Part-Time Campus Police Officer
Job Code: 1170
Department: Campus Police
Division: Financial & Facility
Reports to: Chief of Campus Police
Positions Supervised: Students
Location: Any KCKCC Location
To maintain the security and safety of student body, faculty and staff. Patrol campus and maintain security of buildings and grounds.
- Provide a safe secure environment for students, staff and guests on campus
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, staff and community members
- Helps to create and maintain a working relationship with the local police and fire and rescue departments
- Assist in development and implementation of action plans to provide safe environment and immediate response to imminent threats of violence, criminal incidents, emergency medical incidents, and others
- Regulate student's behavior on campus, restrooms, and other open areas
- Assist with controlling classroom disturbances or acts of defiance. Request assistance from school administration and/or other police when necessary
- Detain students suspected of narcotics, tobacco, or alcoholic infractions
- Investigate, review, and report to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, as appropriate, on accidents, incidents and violations of law
- Patrol and confront unauthorized persons for questioning and checking for passes and identification cards as needed
- Assist other law enforcement officers as directed by KCKCCPD
- Follow KCKCC policies and administrative rules and regulations
- Maintain proper paperwork/reports to ensure all complaints filed with law enforcement have been forwarded through the chain of command
- Ensure doors/gates are locked and opened at designated times determined by KCKCCPD
- Observe and report violations of safety and health codes
- Demonstrate problem solving and responsible decision making skills
- Maintain and project professional appearance as it relates to job performance
- Patrol and set up for school events as assigned
- Assume fire/tornado alarm evacuation responsibilities as assigned by KCKCCPD
- Submit work orders as needed
- Perform other tasks as may be deemed appropriate by the supervisor and/or KCKCC Chief of Police
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with one (1) year of experience or training in a security related area or a combination of education and tested experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clear motor vehicle record
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Private security or public police experience including knowledge of school and local laws (including search and seizure)
- Completion of college-level courses in the area of security, psychology, emergency management, or criminal justice
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Knowledge of basic first aid and CPR training
29 hours per week. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: N/A
Compensation: PT Commissioned- $21.25 per hour
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Part-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.