Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full time Hoke Campus Police Officer. �This position reports to the�Director of Campus Police and the Dean of the Hoke Campus.�The Campus Police Officer�is responsible for patrolling the college facilities and properties, enforcing all state and federal laws and providing protection and service to ensure a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors.�
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- �Enforce all state and federal laws as well as the rules and regulations of the institution to �ensure the safety and security of students, faculty, staff, visitors and college �property.������
- �Patrol buildings, grounds and adjacent areas of the college by foot or vehicular patrol.����
- �Utilize video surveillance technology in the performance of investigative activities.����
- �Secure campus buildings and property�by locking and unlocking doors.�
- �Investigate incidents/crimes and handle appropriately, including related paperwork.�
- �Provide emergency assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors as needed.����
- �Enforce campus traffic�and parking regulations.��
- �Maintain a good working relationship with local law enforcement, faculty, staff, students, �and visitors to the campus.�����
- �Respond to alarms, calls for assistance and emergency situations; provide first aid, and �alert additional police or emergency personnel as appropriate.�
- �Write and submit incident reports to law enforcement agencies as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent�
- Basic Law Enforcement Certification with a minimum of five years of law enforcement experience�
- Current Certification through NC Department of Justice�
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Must be Able to work�both indoors and out under varying climate conditions�for extended periods of time and work a flexible changing schedule that includes nights, weekends, and on-call after hours and short notice, as needed.��
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until July 30, 2020. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application.� Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community.�We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.