Bellarmine University seeks a post baccalaureate intern for the department of Campus Recreation & Wellness. This person will be responsible for assisting the Director of Campus Recreation, the Associate Director of Campus Wellness, and the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation. Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director with all tasks for which he or she is responsible and manage the general operations of the facility in the Director's absence
- Assist the Director with managing recreation programs and services
- Assist the Assistant Director with the overall supervision of Intramural & Club Sports programs and activities
- Assess the recreational needs of students and assist with the development of creative programs to meet those needs; these programs include but are not limited to fitness and/or wellness classes, intramural activities, virtual programming, etc.
- Create and implement imaginative marketing techniques to promote recreational programs
- Design and execute virtual programming to meet the growing need for online student engagement
- Assist in the hiring, training, evaluation, and on-the-job training of student employees
- Assist in the general maintenance and cleaning of the facility and its equipment; identify and communicate equipment maintenance needs to the Director
- Assess patrons' feedback and needs, evaluate current programs, and facilitate conflict resolution in regard to patron problems, inquiries, and complaints
- Maintain a working knowledge of SuRF Center policies, procedures, and protocols
- Supervise student employees and report student employee misconduct, tardiness, or other performance-related concerns in the absence of the Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director
- Register patrons for recreation and wellness programs
- Handle/assist with all incidents, accidents, injuries, and emergencies
- Provide weekend and evening coverage at the SuRF Center when student employees are unavailable to do so
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Health & Physical Education, Exercise Science, Athletic Training, or a related field is preferable. Applicants who are currently pursuing a degree will also be considered.
- Experience working within a Campus Recreation department
- Experience with social media marketing and promotions including virtual programming and outreach
- An understanding and working knowledge of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- A strong background in recreation programming and facility management
- Red Cross or American Heart Association certified in First Aid, CPR, and Automatic Emergency Defibrillator (AED)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral skills
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
The compensation for this position is $12/hour at [estimated] 20 hours/week and terminates May 1, 2022.