Calvin College is seeking a part time Dispatcher to join the Campus Safety Team! This position is accountable for the safety and security of the campus through the answering of phones and dispatching of officers to calls for service, and for the monitoring of essential security systems for the college.
Two set 8 hour shifts a week or three 6 hours shifts per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle both emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Dispatch officers to calls for service, and record call information into Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System.
- Monitor alarm systems (Including fire, panic, intrusion and Automated External Defibrillator alarms), cameras system and weather system.
- Initiate emergency notifications through the college’s Emergency Notification System.
- Train student employees on dispatch responsibilities and functions.
- Ensure all information at dispatch center is accurate and current.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good problem solving skills
- Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of comfort with computers and the ability to learn computer programs
- Experience with police, fire or EMS dispatching preferred
- Knowledge of Incident Command System (ICS) preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE:Climbing stairs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Incident Command System level 100 certification