Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
- Passionate Soul: Love what you do
- Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
- Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
- Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
- Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Campus Safety Officer Level 2
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
EEO Category: Service Workers (10)
Department: Campus Safety
Position Summary: Work with a team of other Campus Safety Officers in providing a safe and secure environment for IMG students, employees and visitors
- Arrive on time and in uniform before the start of each shift
- Attend a daily briefing before the start of each shift
- Maintain a Campus Safety post as assigned
- Interview all persons on IMG property that are not known to the Officer
- Screen all vehicles and persons attempting to enter IMG property and allow only authorized vehicles/persons entry onto the campus
- Conduct patrols for up to 8 hours to insure all property is secure, no unsafe conditions exist, no unauthorized persons are on property and all maintenance needs are reported
- Log all unusual incidents in the Daily Logbook
- Monitor student departure of the campus to ensure accountability
- Collaborate with Student Services on curfew rules with students
- Detect unauthorized acts by students, employees and visitors
- Keep all Campus Safety posts clean and orderly
- Pick up all trash/debris on campus grounds
- Develop positive relationships with all IMG employees
- Report any known child endangerment or abuse
- Know, own and support all Campus Safety and IMG policies and procedures
- Develop new procedures to streamline processes.
- Identify defects in current procedures and provide applicable solutions.
- Receive, conduct investigations and complete incident reports
- Respond to all types of emergencies and other security related calls
- Be placed on stand-by status or recalled into work during emergency or weather related situations
- Perform first aid/CPR/AED if needed
- Any other duty assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Speak and write fluent English
- Good verbal and communicative skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to write detailed incident reports
- High School Diploma
- Able to watch numerous computer monitors for 8 hours
- Ability to stay calm during all types of emergencies
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years security related experience
- Law enforcement, military or security experience
- D-license obtained or in progress
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
- Able to work shifts of up to 12 hours
- Able to drive/ sit in a golf cart for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to walk around IMG’s 400+ acre campus
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Not guaranteed to have set days off, set shifts, to have 40 work hours per week or to have two days off per week.
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
IMG Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.