Job Title: Campus Technician Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director - Technology Support Pay Grade: Technology 1
Dept./School: Technology Services Date Revised: 03/2012
The campus technician will provide tier one support and maintenance for campus computing systems and peripherals. They willalso perform basic record keeping and inventory for technology systems on the campus.
High School diploma or equivalency
Knowledge of installation, troubleshooting, and repair of computer-related equipment and peripherals
Knowledge of mobile computing devices such as iPads
Experience with a variety of computer operating systems and hardware configurations
Experience working with computer networks
Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Initiative and problem solving skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up and maintain the operations of all computer systems and other campus technologies
- Track repairs on all technology related equipment on the campus
- Work with Technical Support Specialists and Systems Engineers as needed to assist in technology installations on the campus
- Install licensed software
- Keep current with technology advancements
- Maintain technology campus inventory
- Track, maintain, and update campus iPad sets
- Coordinate asset liquidations on campus
- Set up and ensure testing software is working properly during testing windows.
- Facilitate distribution of technology throughout the campus
- Maintain confidentiality
- Participate in meetings and trainings as designed by District staff
- All other duties as assigned
Personal computers, laptops, mobile computing devices, telecommunications equipment, networking equipment, wireless access devices, audio/video equipment and other peripheral devices.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; have dexterity of hands and fingers for keyboarding and other job functions; able to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch; able to lift, carry, push and/or pull items of up to 50lbs.