Job SummaryAFSCME 1111
LOCATION: JOHN H. STROGER, JR. HOSPITAL
Assists with the performance, maintenance and accreditation activity of the Cancer Registry for Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS). Reviews patient records for case findings, abstracting and follow-up activities as required by the American College of Surgeons (ASoC) and Illinois State Cancer Registry (ISCR). Participates in medical staff committee meetings to provide specific and aggregate data for the medical staff to make cancer care plans. Performs a wide variety of other duties to support accreditation of the CCHHS Cancer Registry Program.
- Graduated and/or currently enrolled in a National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) Certified Tumor Registrar program and completed 60 college credit hours which must include completion of 50% of NCRA accredited Certified Tumor Registrar program (at least three (3) Cancer Registry Management program courses).(Must provide original college/ university transcripts at time of interview)
- Successfully pass the Cancer Tumor Registry (CTR) certification examination within one year of hire date.Failure to obtain certification within one (1) year of employment will result in separation of employment. (Must provide proof at time of interview if already obtained)
- One (1) year of hospital registry experience with management and data entry
- One (1) year of experience using hospital based computerized cancer registry software systems
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service.
To take advantage of this preference a Veteranmust:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of theirDD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of avalid State ID Card or Driver’s Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to theapplication at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference.
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
MUST MEET REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, pleaseclick on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
*Degrees awarded outside the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER