Levine Cancer Institute – Cancer Survivorship
The Department of Supportive Oncology at Levine Cancer Institute within Atrium Health, formerly known as Atrium Health is currently seeking an Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medical Oncology Physician to join their established Cancer Survivorship clinical program.
Qualifications for the Opportunity:
- A board-certified physician with experience in the outpatient setting
- Interest in the long-term care of cancer survivors
- Patient-focused with strong abilities for collaborative practice
- Interest in academic and research collaborations
About the Department:
- Led by internationally renowned physician, Dr. Declan Walsh
- Cancer Survivorship is one of 8 Sections within the Department of Supportive Oncology. Other Sections include Palliative Medicine, Integrative Oncology, Cancer Rehab, Oncology Nutrition, PsychoOncology, Navigation, and Senior Oncology
- Access to multiple clinical trials with fully integrated research trial department
About the Practice:
- Cancer Survivorship Medical Clinic provides long-term cancer survivors with a comprehensive consultation and guideline-driven evaluation focusing on surveillance, screening, cancer genetics, management of long-term and late effects of cancer and cancer treatment, health-promotion, and coordination of care
- Excellent access to ancillary support services
- Integration into Levine Cancer Institute’s research and academic headquarters, with the clinical services and resources of more than 25 cancer care locations
- Large tertiary referral center with residency training for more than 200 physicians in 15 specialties and serving as a satellite for the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine
About the Community:
Charlotte is one of the nation’s fastest-growing big cities and is projected to increase in population 71% by 2030. The area features the following attributes: World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of arts, musical, and cultural opportunities. Numerous professional sports including the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, NASCAR, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey and world-class training facilities at the US National Whitewater Center, as well as unlimited year-round recreational opportunities. Excellent public and private schools and numerous top ranked colleges and universities throughout the greater Charlotte region. Easy access to beautiful Blue Ridge mountains and some of the nation’s most popular beaches. Immediate airport access and convenient proximity to multiple major metropolitan areas.
The Levine Cancer Institute of the Atrium Health is a unique institution designed with the innovative vision to deliver outstanding cancer care across the Carolinas, building upon its strong network of affiliated hospitals and providers. At LCI, there are more than 200 cancer doctors experienced in treating the full spectrum of solid tumor and blood cancers. With training from some of the nation’s best cancer programs and expertise in treating even the rarest and most challenging cases, our specialists have the knowledge and skill needed to best treat our patients.
Atrium Health, formerly known as Atrium Healthis the second largest non-profit healthcare system in the United States, and its cancer programs serve 4.7 million people across the Carolinas with 14 thousand new cancer cases diagnosed annually.