We operate a licensed cannabis delivery service in Oakland, CA and we are looking for delivery drivers! We go to great lengths to be compliant in all matters always, unlike many of the other cannabis delivery positions you may be considering! We look forward to meeting you and making you a part of our close knit team.
- KIND. You must be a kind and patient person! We service many people who are in severe chronic pain and we don't take this responsibility lightly. When delivering, we hope you always have a big smile on your face.
- PUNCTUAL. You must be the type of person who shows up 10 minutes early. Unlike many delivery services, we are NOT on demand, which alleviates the stressful rush of getting orders to patients ASAP. We offer 90-minute windows for delivery, but this doesn't mean we don't want YOU to be on time for everything, especially in the morning.
- TAKE INITIATIVE. There may be cases in which we don't explicitly tell you to do something, but it's always nice knowing that we can trust you to get the job done no matter what (of course compliantly). This also means calling us when you need clarification.
- You must be available to drive Wednesdays 7:30AM-4PM Thursdays 6:00-10:00PM, and Saturdays 9:30AM-2:30PM. We may expand these times over the next few months but those are the explicit requirements this month.
- You will meet at our licensed and secure location in Oakland and conclude the day by returning to this location. There will often be days in which you end earlier than 2:30PM.
- You must have a working car that is NOT a rental vehicle or someone else’s.
- You must have a valid driver's license.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- You must have current and valid registration and insurance in your name.
- You must have a car that can charge your phone and dash cam via USB (we will provide 2-port USB chargers for your shift as needed).
- You must submit a background check that confirms you have a clean record and no tickets (this will not affect your credit score).
- You must be comfortable holding cash and product of $5,000 at a given time.
- You must have a iPhone or Android phone with a newer operating system that can download the app called "OnFleet." Please download it from the app store BEFORE applying to make sure your phone supports this. The #1 reason problems arise is due to driver's phone not working or running out of battery and not having a charger.
- Your car MUST have a separate trunk, it cannot be a hatchback that has free access to the trunk from the seats. A small product cage will be put in your car while you are delivering (approximately 22x13x16 inches LxWxH).
- Your car should be clean and professional looking. This doesn't mean you need a new car, but we do expect the interior to be free of trash and other things that make it look unprofessional to the customer.
- Unlike many delivery jobs, we will run payroll promptly after you complete the work – this generally means you will receive the direct deposit in your bank within 3-5 business days.
- You will be paid $17 per hour plus 54.5 cents per mile driven. Our app tracks your exact mileage so this calculation is always accurate.
- We have insurance that covers anything that could go wrong on the job (however, you will also need your own insurance)
- This position is PART TIME and we will inform you every Monday morning about the work that week. There may be weeks in which your services are not needed.
- 20% of the time our drivers receive tips because everything is currently paid for in cash.
Lastly, we operate a portfolio of companies so the drivers we get the best results from will be considered for bigger jobs across the state.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this job description, we look forward to reading your application.
PS: You will also be given some awesome merchandise to represent our brand. We also offer $50 referral bonuses for anyone you direct to us :)