Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
THIS IS A FULL TIME BENEFITTED JOHNS HOPKINS HEALTH SYSTEMS POSITION
The Capital Expenditure Lead reports into the Dir. Contracting of Sourcing of the Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) and is responsible for creating and executing against a sourcing strategy for capital expenditures across a range of different contract types as well as managing a small team of capital expenditure buyers. This includes overseeing day to day capital expenditure sourcing activities such as drafting and negotiating contracts, managing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, developing and managing vendor relationships, building relationships with stakeholders across JHHS and implementing contracts with end users. In addition, the Capital Expenditures Manager is responsible for leveraging subject matter expertise, conducting benchmarking activities, reviewing industry best practice, analyzing corporate spend and collaborating in cross-functional teams to achieve cost savings, increase quality, and build and maintain a competitive Capital Expenditure portfolio. The Capital Expenditures Lead also conducts total cost of ownership reviews (e.g. cost of consumables and service agreements should be reviewed in the capital purchase process). The process of leading capital expenditure should at all times be aligned with the vision for the future of Supply Chain, namely, sourcing the best quality products at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally.
- Ability to develop and execute against a sourcing strategy for capital expenditures in line with JHHS Supply Chain’s strategic vision of sourcing the best quality products at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally
- Advanced contract drafting, negotiation and management skills for both GPO and local contracts as well as managing the RFP process
- Ability to devise sourcing/contracting strategies for capital expenditure and make data-driven decisions (e.g., by referencing benchmarking, industry/market analysis, total cost of ownership reviews and spend analysis)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Track record of identifying and implementing cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives / projects across capital expenditure (e.g. pricing, standardization and utilization)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams (e.g. value analysis teams and administration support staff)
- Ability to manage internal customer and supplier relationships to ensure successful contract implementation and operational effectiveness
- Ability to conduct demand planning and forecasting
- Ability to lead asset mapping and management
Bachelor's degree is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 8 years in strategic sourcing, purchasing / contracting field with a minimum of 5 years working in the capital expenditure field.
Ability to make sourcing decisions for capital expenditures. Will seek input from Sr. Dir. of Sourcing and other key stakeholders for high value, strategic capital expenditure sourcing.
Ability to manage a team of capital expenditure buyers.
Responsible for ensuring team cohesiveness and capability development
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.