Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 72165BR Date posted 09/12/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Capital ProgramManager to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion
- Works with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets
- Manages the capital budget with reporting at anytime
- Engages operations, quality and the entire blades leadership team with forward thinking planning
- Travel to machine vendors to oversee scope of work expectations and runoff
- Engage various vendors (equipment etc) to ensure the best fit overall
- Ensure all EHS requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Strong Project Management experience
- Prior work experience in large scale equipment/infrastructure projects
- Experience with Word/Excel/Project/Power Point
- Strong communication and project leadership skills
- Creative thinking: can translate business problems to solutions.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
Do you wish you could put your management expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: Basic Qualifications:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- You have 7+ years of experience in program management, project engineering, or project management
- US Citizen due to program requirements
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.