|Title||Capital Project Manager|
Capital Project Manager – Chemical Manufacturing
Location: La Porte, TX
Travel Involved: 5-10%
The Project Manager will lead the technical development and execution of brownfield projects. The candidate must possess effective project management skills to lead engineering teams through the execution of a project following Owner’s capital work process.
• Provide project management skills to bring investment projects through the capital work process (FEL Gates) and to field completion
• Work with internal and external engineering resources to develop the required deliverables for the FEL-1, FEL-2 and FEL-3 phases.
• Work with plant personnel to review project design and ensure installation meets applicable standards and code.
• Work with Procurement to define contracting strategies, develop bid packages and select best vendor for EPC services. Execute purchasing process for tagged equipment and service contracts.
• Provide oversight to contract administrators and construction managers, to ensure field work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner and project is turned over to the plant for startup following required Process Safety Management and site procedures.
• Track actual performance, identifying variances from project baseline schedule and take appropriate corrective actions to minimize impacts.
• Work with Investment Manager, plant team members and other support groups to develop the 5 year Investment budget.
• Establish contractor/vendor scope documents, specifications and quality plans and manage tasks to ensure completion.
• Deploy and manage technical shared resources for QA/QC reviews of engineering packages, vendor audits and factory acceptance tests.
• BS Degree in Engineering with > 10 years of project management/engineering experience.
• Strong technical skills with demonstrated ability of effective collaboration with team members from other departments as well as external service providers.
• Self-starter who works well in functional organizations, with excellent communication skills and leadership abilities.
• Proven record leading process projects through design and field implementation
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Previous plant experience in manufacturing, preferably in chemical plant or refinery environment. Understanding and use of structured project management work process.