The Capture Manager position is responsible for creating and overseeing bid strategies, pricing, teaming for key acquisition targets including the IRS, US Courts, FDIC and the JAGs.
1. Have a complete understanding of the agencies mission, the customer?s objectives and requirements and to fully understand the customer's scope of work and the objectives to be achieved.
2. Create a capture process and sales motion to ensure maximum success and growth of our share in those identified agencies.
3. Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders i) Sales ii) Segment iii) RFP team, legal and business groups iv) licensing v) the external partners and suppliers.
4. Create a teaming Plan and execute a teaming strategy. Identify where teammates can bolster our position and select the best teaming partners and negotiate teaming agreements.
5. Assess the competition. Build a thorough, competitive assessment on which to base the win strategy and the price to win
6. Develop a win strategy. Identify LNs strengths and the competitors? weaknesses so as to mitigate our weaknesses, neutralize their strengths and accentuate LN?s positive discriminators.
7. Providing management information briefs on contracts, on both a regular and ad-hoc basis including notification of 90, 60, and 30 day contract renewal / termination notification.
8. Ensuring that all internal and external contractual discussions comply with strict confidentiality and security provisions.
9. Maintain a comprehensive contract issue log with assigned tasks, timelines, and responsibilities to assure contract needs are addressed proactively, accurately, and efficiently.
10. Communicate and interact with leadership to assure contract needs are defined, understood, and met by all relevant personnel.
11. Recommend improvements to policies, procedures and standards.
12. Coordinate contract review and approval process with VP and Senior Leaders.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree
2. At least 5 years experience in professional contract/federal account management including demonstrated ability to provide contract advice .
3. Ability to coordinate teams in complex and time sensitive contract negotiation and approval environment.
4. Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work through issues.
5. Strong knowledge of project management leading practices.
6. Experience and understanding of talent management and development including teaching, coaching and providing constructive feedback.
7. Strategic thinking and analysis capabilities including identifying risks and opportunities.
8. Proven ability to establish and effectively manage budgets and projects.
9. Advanced abilities to conceptualize and coordinate the development of new and improved project management techniques and tools.
1 0. Demonstrated understanding of complex project management techniques and leverage knowledge of company to identify risk
11. Experience in program management, or coordinating long-term, cross-functional projects.
12. Demonstrated communication, presentation, and reporting skills.
13. Demonstrated thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong analytical skills.
14. Strong work-ethic and interpersonal skills. 15. Ability to communicate project status and impacts of issues to non-project management people.
1. Experience managing large scale, high risk, and complex contracts.
2. Leading practice contract management capabilities and experience.
3. Strong leadership skills required.
4. Able to establish and manage contract management leading practices.
5. Strong leadership, communication, and analysis skills.
6. Able to understand and communicate legal concepts, legal risks, and potential impacts of contract terms in both financial and capacity need perspective.
7. Strong understanding and management experience relative to the risks and opportunities associated with the Hosted Litigation Solutions business.
8. Advanced problem solving/business decision making experience involving evaluating alternatives/impacts to arrive at effective solutions.
9. Highly developed communication (oral and written), legal contract construction, presentation and negotiating skills; including presenting concepts/recommendations to various levels in the organization.
10. Ability to make difficult decisions.
11. Significant relevant experience of effective contract management
12. Experience of working in a variety of commercial environments, including managing contracts for large complex business relationships and on complex IT services delivery or similar highly technical delivery environment.
13. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp highly complex hosted solutions / data center concepts and to analyze the associated commercial impact and risks.
14. Demonstrated strong negotiating skills with customers and/or suppliers in relation to complex contracts.
15. Ability to quickly assimilate and retain detail of contracts.
16. Initiative, decisiveness and self motivation. Ability to prioritize simultaneous activities, along with a flexible approach to work
17. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups to a senior level.
18. Ability to work with or without legal resources to draft contract clauses which capture the essential commercial issues of any situation.
19. Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
20. Desirable Competencies:
21. Very strong legal contract drafting skills
22. Project management experience desired.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business.
Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.