Location: Indianapolis, IN 46268
Industries: Retail, Service, Car Rental
Job Type: Full Time
Years of experience: 2+
Education Level: High School, GED
Career Level: Entry
Shift: 10 AM – 10 PM, alternating 2-2-3 schedule
BlueIndy is looking for a second shift Dispatcher to join our team to help the BlueIndy car sharing service run smoothly. As a BlueIndy Dispatcher, you will be dispatching our streets team to handle marketing, service, and maintenance tasks as well as monitoring and resolving anomalies. This is an important role, and your actions and decisions will directly affect the success of BlueIndy. You will be supervising the daily work of 10 to 15 employees by tasking out problems that were either reported to or discovered by the dispatch team.
We're looking for bright, energetic, and passionate individuals who can grow with our team. You’ll be empowered to make a difference in the lives of our members every day by helping to ensure that our cars and stations are available. We need you to be detail oriented, persistent, and enjoy working with a team that’s dedicated to going the extra mile for our members and coworkers.
The candidate should be professional looking, dynamic, motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate should be rigorous, organized with a good sense of priorities, and able to manage a team of 6 to 12 employees with analysis capabilities.
Job requires full time hours, including occasional work outside of business hours.
- Fully understand all aspects of the BlueIndy service, including technical, operational and commercial aspects
- Dispatching and monitoring our field teams of Ambassadors and Technicians to maintain our vehicles and equipment
- Prioritizing daily activities based on existing guidelines and emergencies during shifts
- Communicating with our field teams to ensure efficient operations
- Working with our Call Center to dispatch and handle real-time incidents like accidents.
- Provide feedback and support to improve operational efficiency
- Monitor and supervise preventative maintenance of equipment, marketing events, and station closures.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Past experience as a dispatcher
- 21+ years old with a valid driver's license
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask: You will be moving a lot of people around at the same time, tracking their movements and keeping tabs on what they need
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work a late shift up until 10pm five days per week
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and punctuality
- Strong presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can work well as an individual and in teams
- You demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently under pressure and without managerial supervision.
We are an all-electric car sharing service located in Indianapolis that strives to provide a great experience for every member on every trip they take with us. With 90 stations and 200 cars in the city, we help make is possible for more people to live in Indianapolis without depending on car ownership. We are thrilled to be the first city in the United States to have this service, which is now in London, Singapore, Torino, and Los Angeles. This is a ground up opportunity to be part of a team that will transform urban mobility as we know it.
BlueIndy is a subsidiary of the Bolloré Group of France, one of Europe’s leading industrial groups and brings superior financial strength and operational excellence to the Indianapolis deployment.
For more information, please visit: