We’re here to help people in communities throughout Northern California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people first. If you’re looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency, simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve financial freedom.
In this role, primary responsibilities will include working and investigating card fraud cases, triaging cases, and identifying card fraud cases for investigatory follow-up. Use fraud detection tools and investigative skills for mitigation and control of credit union fraud and operational risk in the card space. Work card fraud cases through the lifecycle of the case to maximize outcome for cardholder and credit union. This may involve direct communication with merchant and cardholder as part of the investigation and as such proper communication and demeanor skills are critical. Work accurately, comprehensively, and timely to case completion. Assist in accurate reconciling of GL and preparation of charge off report. Report trends and patterns that affect cardholder population negatively or positively to credit union management/organizational stakeholders.
- Assesses incoming card fraud cases to determine impact to credit union and cardholder, prioritizing those cases that have particular monetary or reputational impact, and taking action to ensure those cases are worked accurately, comprehensively, and timely so that no opportunities are missed
- Logs, investigates, updates, and maintain card cases accurately in case management platform.
- Processes account maintenance, including placing flags and holds on accounts and cards to minimize loss exposure to the Credit Union.
- Takes action to ensure that regulatory (Reg E and ZZ and any other applicable Regulation) and compliance requirements are met with respect to the card case, and remediating immediately if they are not being met
- Performs investigations on card cases categorized as fraud, accessing necessary information and platforms to bring investigation to a resolution.
- Creates data reports and case assessments as needed/requested by management
- Works cross-functionally with other organizational stakeholders to ensure cardholder needs are serviced
- Communicates with internal team members, members, and/or vendors via phone, email, and in-person to obtain additional investigation information working to maintain account holder privacy and data integrity while avoiding 3rd party disclosure.
- Performs/originates chargebacks on POS/ATM PIN cases to ensure recovery and minimize loss to the credit union according to the facts of the case.
- Works with card management vendor to ensure all recovery efforts are sustained for chargeback, merchant credit. In addition, identifies any issues in the card management case platform that create an adverse experience and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Assists in preparation of monthly PIN/POS charge-off cases and balancing GLs associated with those cases
- Works to identify issues with and enhancements to real-time card rules/strategy and ongoing participation in an effective card fraud strategy
- Identifies and analyzes suspicious activity by using investigative resources which includes exception reporting, surveillance photos and system reports. Works with Law enforcement for photo/video requests
- Performs daily review of exception and risk reports assigned to them
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as well as internal policies and procedures and credit union products and services.
- Bachelor’s or AA degree in business related discipline or equivalent preferred. CFE accreditation a bonus.
- 2-3 years prior relevant card and/or card fraud experience in a credit union or bank operations environment.
- Strong working knowledge of card processes, including disputes, chargeback and card investigations.
- Prior experience with card case management software preferred. Familiarity with Summit Information Systems a plus
- High degree of accuracy (data entry, communication, assessments) and attention to detail in all aspects of job functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Empowerment, Engagement, and Teamwork
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your community
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility waiting period
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center at HQ and rewards for healthy habits
- Close proximity to BART, restaurants and shopping
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran