The Card Services Supervisor provides direction for leading, supervising and coordinating the servicing of Plastic Card products, including ATM operations. Supervises and provides training and back up for the following areas: Card Services Representative, Optical Scanners and Couriers. In this role, you will monitor credit union card activity for fraud/compromise and stay abreast of current fraud trends. Ensure resolutions are in compliance with UHCU policy and applicable regulations. In addition, the Card Services Supervisor will perform required periodic internal audit and external reporting such as card audits.
As a Card Services Supervisor with UHCU you'll get to:
- Monitor Credit Union card activity and trends, Falcon Reports, Cams Reports, Verafin, and other tools related to fraud prevention and take appropriate action in the event of a data compromise.
- Review and balance all settlement/NSF reports related to ATM/Debit card transactions, settlements, income, and expense. Research and resolve out of balance conditions making adjustments and updating accounts with appropriate indicators.
- Process member fraud/disputes, ensuring appropriate claim reimbursements and documentation has been completed and submitted to CO-OP within the time frame allotted.
- Implement improvements within area of responsibility by networking with Visa, other issuers, processors and vendors to remain current in industry changes that will impact the card related services.
- Coordinate system enhancements, product introductions and modifications with third party processors or vendors.
- Ensure staff has appropriate resources to complete job functions with effectiveness and efficiency.
What you will need to succeed:
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy in the use of numbers and their application in the processing of Credit Union transactions.
- Ability to identify fraud trends, vulnerabilities, market conditions and make recommendations to maximize performance based on information gathered.
- Supervisory skills, and the ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage member conflict, communicate effectively, and research and reconcile accounts.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, exercising sound judgement with minimum guidance.
- Consistent demonstration of excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 1-year ATM/debit card operations experience in a financial institution required, 2 years preferred.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, reconciling, and balancing techniques in financial institutions preferred.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Symitar preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
UHCU has been in the community for over 60 years, providing superior, personalized service to our members. Founded in 1957, we are an Austin-based credit union with over $1 Billion in assets, 12 branches located throughout Austin and Tyler, Texas, and approximately 210 employees. Our team members voted us as one of the Austin-American Statesman's Top Workplaces for six consecutive years. UHCU goes above and beyond to cultivate a culture of integrity and innovation. Being part of our credit union means being part of our community.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401(k) options (Pre-Tax and/or Roth)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement Program
Important Note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at UHCU may include phone interviews, as well as 1st & 2nd round interviews. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates whom we identify as a potential fit. We will be sure to contact you if that is the case!0