Halifax Health is seeking a Cardiac Cath Tech I for the Daytona Beach/Deltona Universal Radiology/Cath Lab.
The Cardiac Cath Tech I assists the Cardiologist in the performance of invasive cardiac procedures on adult and geriatric patients. This Tech measures, calculates and prepares test results for evaluation. Will also be responsible for maintaining patient records for the department.
A Degree from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Therapy or Cardiovascular Technology.
Technologist or Therapist must be registered by the state of Florida or CCI in their profession.
- BLS and ACLS Required.
- Previous experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab preferred.
- Must possess skills to provide assistance in diagnostic & interventional cath procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with invasive cardiac catheter lab procedures on patients to include but not limited to:
- diagnostic left and right heart catheterizations
- temporary pacemakers
- physiological monitoring
- closure devices
- intra-aortic balloon pumping.
- Cleans, maintains, and tests equipment and instruments to include high pressure injector, X-ray equipment, defibrillator and surgical instruments.
- Patient transport and education.
- Types, files and charts chronological notes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, a center for inpatient rehabilitation, primary care walk-in clinics, a walk-in clinic specializing in women’s health, two community clinics, three children’s medical practices, a home healthcare agency, and an exclusive provider organization. Halifax Health offers the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Emergency Department, Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services, complete Neurosurgical Services, OB Emergency Department and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that cares for babies born as early as 28 weeks. For more information, visit halifaxhealth.org.