Job Summary: Assesses, plans, directs, and coordinates the total care given to all patients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department. Communicates with Physicians about changes in patient's conditions including symptomatology and cardiac monitoring. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Teaches patients and families how to restore and maintain an optimal level of health through risk factor modification. Is responsible for the nursing care patients receive from self and others, insuring patient and personnel safety.
- Current state registered nurse licensure
- Corporate Compliance
- Annual PPD/Flu Vaccine
- Stress Lab Requirements: Stress lab experience and/or previous stress lab training
May include but not limited to: assist with PI's, insurance calls, scanning medical records, preparing and carrying out patient education, patient phone calls and reminder calls to patients, assisting with new patient evaluations and discharges, following up on stress lab reports and turnaround time for reports, tracking physician case mix for cardiology services
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to safely and accurately use all exercise equipment in department
- Ability to accurately monitor cardiac rhythms
- ACLS trained
- BCLS trained
- Previous experience in critical care nursing, ER, cardiac rehab, or minimum of 2 years cardiac experience.
AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and behaviors appropriate to the population(s) served, and based on specific criteria and/or age specific considerations, as follows:
- Ability to provide age specific treatment (geriatrics/adults, adolescents)
- Exhibits communication skills necessary to interpret age specific response to treatment (adolescents/adults/geriatrics)
- Ability to assess and interpret data specific to adolescents, adults, and geriatrics
- Knowledge of growth and development