CPR HeartPlace has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Cardiac Sonographer FLOAT. The successful candidate would be required to work in a FLOAT capacity within the HeartPlace clinic network. A minimum of two years current working experience is required. Mileage would be paid to and from the job. Some vascular experience would be a plus.
Performs echocardiography studies and related tests as ordered by the physician in accordance with acceptable medical practices and company protocols.
1. Performs 2-D Echo and Doppler studies.
2. Performs Stress Echo studies.
3. Explains procedures to patients and obtains informed consent from patient.
4. Obtains insurance precertification for testing as necessary.
5. Performs test result abstracting to EMR as necessary.
6. Calls patients with appointment reminders and test results as necessary.
7. Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
8. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
9. Maintains current CPR certification.
10. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
11. Performs all other duties as required by management.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least one year of practical experience. Registry through ARMDS or CCI.
3. Vascular experience would be plus. Will provide cross training in vascular.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Fluently speak, read, and write English.
6. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
7. Professional understanding of HIPAA requirements.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work in various clinic settings, as required.
10. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds, maneuvering items/patients which may weigh over 200 pounds (this done with assistance).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.