Provides non invasive cardio diagnostic evaluations.
Uses procedural data obtained to evaluate cardio disease.
Performs quantitative and qualitative interpretation of video recordings.
Obtains patient history.
- Selects and performs appropriate procedure(s) and is responsible for integrating clinical findings and testing results into an overall diagnostic impression.
- Assist subordinate technical personnel as necessary (i.e. assistant with clinical impressions and review of diagnostic findings as necessary) and also participates in instruction of post-graduate medical trainees in laboratory methods, procedures analysis, and interpretive findings.
- Discusses clinical and diagnostic findings with medical staff and may occasionally communicate findings to attending and/or referring physicians.
- Operates and maintains testing equipment, instruments and supplies consistent with established standards.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment.
- Inputs preliminary report information into hospital computer system after physicians initial dictation.
- Bills inpatient and outpatient patients for appropriate test or procedure.
- May schedule inpatient for appropriate testing procedures.
- May assist in determining priorities for testing service based on analysis of referred clinical information.
- Participates in Quality Improvement program.
- Maintains professional knowledge base through conference attendance and/or professional organizations.
Required: AS Degree in Cardio Services or applied sciences or equivalent experience
Required: 6 months experience in echocardiography
Required: Registered or eligible for RDCS, BLS
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.