Mercyhealth is currently seeking a board eligible or board certified Cardiologist to join our hospital-employed team, serving the greater Rockford area in Northern Illinois.
- Join an excellent team of four Non-Invasive Cardiologists, two Interventional Cardiologists, two EP Cardiologists, and one Cardiovascular Surgeon
- Or team also includes three nurse practitioners, two EP techs, an EP nurse, and other support staff.
- Call schedule is 1:6 (weekend) and only one day per week
- Coverage will include: hospital, main clinic, Perryville clinic, Roscoe clinic and stress lab
- You will enjoy an outstanding referral system from 11-primary care satellite clinics.
- For those interested in teaching, Mercyhealth has a direct affiliation agreement with the University of Illinois School Of Medicine, Rockford
Compensation & Benefits:
- High income potential
- Sign-on bonus and tuition reimbursement, if applicable
- Relocation assistance, CME allowance, and paid licensing
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, life, retirement plans, and malpractice with tail coverage
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts. Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
Mercyhealth is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising five hospitals, more than 800 physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
We recently opened (January 2019) a $505 million dollar specialty referral hospital along I-90 in Rockford. This campus features a womens and childrens hospital with neonatal and pediatric intensive care, pediatric emergency services and high risk maternity care. It offers 188 private medical/surgical, ICU, pediatrics and obstetrics rooms, a Level I trauma center, operating suites, comprehensive diagnostic services, a variety of specialty care services, and comprehensive heart services. We are also investing $50 million dollars into our existing hospital on the west side of Rockford, and we continue to provide care at both hospitals moving forward.
Contact Us Today!
Our visionary leadership and commitment to growth will provide you with an exciting journey for improving the health and well-being of the region. We look forward to connecting with you!