Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
- AdventHealth TampaPepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Resolves customer service issues, treating all customers with courtesy. Communicates issues to Supervisor and Team Leader
- Proficiently performs each position for the Invasive Cardiovascular procedures on all patient age groups.
- Provides Diagnostic and Intervention Invasive Cardiovascular procedures to all patients, regardless of sex, age or race. Provides patients with efficient and courteous care
- Proficient on the proper use and operation of the specific imaging and monitoring equipment according to the department's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all staff, patients, families, and cardiology services administration
- Demonstrates Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance Excellence, and Teamwork
- Able to learn and comprehend the hemodynamic monitoring software.
- Able to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience with Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of the all anatomy including circulatory neuro systems.
- Responsible to maintain all required registries and licenses to perform all positions for Invasive Cardiology procedures.
- Able to operate and operate the x-ray equipment. Knowledge of placing service calls.
- Able to follow Basic Radiation Safety concepts of time, distance, and shielding to keep exposure levels ALARA for patients and staff.
- Able to learn and comprehend the scrub, record and circulate position and become independent on Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiovascular cases.
- Able to operate all equipment in various Invasive Cardiology labs.
- Assists in patient flow through the Invasive Cardiology areas
- Assists in training new employees once becoming independent in each position.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Computer skills
- Meets all Tech I requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Cath Lab
- Must meet all Leadership/Skill Set requirements as listed below
- Associates Degree or higher (preferred)
- Understanding of hemodynamic monitoring (preferred)
- EKG training (preferred)
- 2 years’ experience in Cardiac Cath/ EP /NeuroSciences/ Critical Care, or Interventional Radiology (preferred)
- Current Licensed/Certified in one of the following: RN, RT, RRT, RCIS, RCES
- BLS, ACLS
Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists perform cardiac catheterizations that create images for diagnosis. This procedure integrates scientific knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and useful diagnostic information. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists require a high degree of knowledge in radiologic imaging as well as anatomy of the heart, circulatory and neuro system in a critical care environment. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist prepares for and assists the cardiologist/electrophysiologist in complex procedures involving advanced equipment to aide in diagnostic testing, interventions, and device implantation into the circulatory system under acute situations. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialists use multiple imaging modalities that include x-ray and ultrasound.