Mercyhealth is currently seeking Cardiovascular Physician Assistant to join our rapidly expanding, full service Cardiology program in Janesville, Wisconsin (40 minutes south of Madison).
- Practice is located on the Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center campus, at Mercy Clinic West, a multi-specialty clinic attached to the hospital;
- Mercy Hospital is a 240-bed, Level II Trauma Center with (2) Cardiac Cath Labs, Echo and Nuclear/Stress Labs, as well as state-of-the-art CT and MRI;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will provide quality health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of Physician by performing the following duties in a compassionate, cost effective manner, and are required to participate in on-call roster:
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Assists cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon intra-operatively performing cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgical procedures.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant program
- Two years’ experience as surgical PA preferred
- Current certified status through National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Obtain CME experience as required for re-certification by NCCPA.
- Hold valid state license and CME credits for license renewal.
- BLS and ACLS Certification
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Good communication/interpretive skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Works requires a high level of independent judgement. The position has substantial latitude for independent action.