Mercy Health Physicians-Youngstown is seeking a motivated and capable board eligible or board certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join a growing program. Candidates must be fellowship trained with a passion for cardiac and thoracic surgery and experience in minimally invasive surgery including TAVR, complex valve repair and replacement, minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic procedures including complex aneurysms and dissections, VATS, Robotics and coronary artery bypass grafting is preferred.
Opportunity Highlights and Benefits:
- Office conveniently located adjacent to the hospital.
- Call will be 1:3.
- Excellent support from 3 Advanced Practice Providers for the OR and floor, with 2 separate Advanced Practice Providers that cover only the CVICU.
- Only cover one hospital.
- No buy in, no overhead, no seniority issues.
Highly completive salary, relocation and benefit package, 403B, retirement, education loan repayment and other benefits.
New graduates and current trainees will be strongly considered and training stipend is available to those still in training. Our current two surgeons are committed to mentoring any new graduate that is hired
The Mercy Health Physicians Youngstown Heart & Vascular Program:
- 15 employed cardiologists with 4 interventional cardiologists and 4 EP specialists.
- 4 BC Vascular Surgeons are part of the service line
- Several community-based heart and vascular specialists that also support the surgical program.
The Mercy Cardiothoracic Physician Group:
- conducts more than 275 cardiac cases (not counting TAVR)
- 200 thoracic cases annually with tremendous room to grow, especially on the thoracic side.
St. Elizabeth Youngstown:
- Level 1 trauma center
- certified stroke center
- chest pain certified with PCI
- only sepsis center of excellence in Ohio
- OR has two large dedicated CT operating suites and a year-old hybrid operating room.
- Da Vinci Xi robot is available for use and is currently being utilized for thoracic procedures.
There is an active, busy valve clinic and a multidisciplinary solitary pulmonary nodule clinic with comprehensive lung cancer screening program. We are the only TAVR program within an hour drive radius, have completed 170 to date, and completed 85 last calendar year.
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Events
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Performance bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Merchandise Discounts