Cardiovascular Clinical Nurse SpecialistAdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
CNS/APN Core Competencies are extrapolated from the National CNS Competency Task Force (2008) maintained by the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS). The framework for practice competency is composed of:
-The patient and Family as the focus
- Direct Care Competency: direct interaction with patients, families and groups of patients to promote health or well-being and improve quality of life. Characterized by a holistic perspective in advanced nursing management of health, illness and disease states
- Consultation Competency: patient, staff, or system focused interaction between professionals in which the consultant is recognized as having specialized expertise and assists consultee with problem solving
- Systems Leadership Competency: The ability to manage change and empower others to influence clinical practice and political processes both within and across systems
- Collaboration Competency: working jointly with others to optimize clinical outcomes the CNS/AP collaborates at an advanced level by committing to authentic engagement and constructive patient system and population-focused problem solving.
- Coaching Competency: Skillful guidance and teaching to advance the care of patients, families, groups of patients, and the profession of nursing
- Research Competency: the work of thorough and systematic inquire. Includes the search for, interpretation, and use of evidence in clinical practice and quality improvement as well as active participation in the application and conduct of research.
- Ethical Decision Making, Moral Agency and Advocacy Competency: Identifying articulating and taking action on ethical concerns at the patient, family, health care provider, system, community and public policy levels.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Kansas Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Preferred*
*Should be in the process of obtaining APRN license in Kansas and pledge to complete within 3 years of employment and attest to such by signing the RN Education Commitment Pledge
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- ACLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Certification in Practice Specialty (ANCC, ONS, AACN) preferred
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)/Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is founded upon the role of the Registered Nurse (RN) and the nursing process competencies of Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, Outcome Identification, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation. The CNS/APN role is founded on the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists organizational framework and competencies.
The CNS/APN uses clinical expertise, critical thinking skills, collaboration, systems thinking, research and transformational leadership to positively impact the outcomes of patient populations. The CNS/APN serves as consultant, collaborator, educator, researcher, innovator and coach to facilitate patient care outcomes, process improvement initiatives and staff development. Their influence may extend across the unit, department, facility, community, organizational, and national levels to contribute to outcomes and extending the body of nursing knowledge.