CPR HeartPlace has an excellent full time employment opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Cardiovascular Sonographer FLOAT. Prior working experience as a Cardiovascular Sonographer in a clinical setting would be required. The successful candidate would be required to work in a FLOAT capacity within the HeartPlace clinic network with a minimum of one year working experience required. Mileage would be paid to and from the job.
Responsible for performing echocardiography and vascular studies and related tests as ordered by the physician in accordance with acceptable medical practices and procedures. Current registry in adult echocardiography through ARDMS or CCI is required.
- Performs 2-D Echo and Doppler studies.
- Performs Stress Echo studies.
- Responsible for performing a variety of noninvasive vascular evaluations
- Explains procedures to patients and obtains informed consent from patient.
- Obtains insurance precertification for testing as necessary.
- Performs test result abstracting to EMR as necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment reminders and test results as necessary.
- Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
- At all times protects the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations; does not normally have business need for seeing PHI of employees.
- Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
- Performs all other duties as required by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of practical work experience as a Cardiac Sonographer.
- Currently registered as a Cardiac Sonographer through ARDMS or CCI. Vascular registry would be preferred. Will consider candidates with vascular experience who are vascular registry eligible.
- Current CPR certification.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds, maneuvering items/patients which may weigh over 200 pounds (this done with assistance).
- Vision (including discernment of color) and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal range.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job description with or without accommodation. (Note any requested accommodations below.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.