Newport Healthcare is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Healthcare offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat adolescents and young adults who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Healthcare nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
This is a travel role. Traveling to our residential locations throughout the US and assisting either in current programs or new programs that are opening.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide supervision for our clients and to ensure their safety while building a rapport with them. This includes providing assistance to each client in working with a group and in handling individual problems; responsibility for setting of limits for behavior; creating documentation of the clients progress; identifying the possible need for professional services and communications of such findings to professional staff.
- Premium pay for hours worked at location away from home base
- Travel time to and from home base to remote location paid at regular hourly rate
- Weekly stipend for expenses
- Will vary dependent upon market and cost of living
- Lodging accommodations paid by Newport
- Travel expenses to and from remote location paid for by company
Possible Residential Destinations
- Bethlehem, CT
- McLean, VA
- Northern California (45 minutes outside of San Francisco)
- Orange County, CA
- Northern Los Angeles (Camarillo)
The length of each trip would vary from two weeks to three months. Possible return trips home would vary dependent upon length of remote assignment.
- Responsible for being aware of where all assigned residents are and what they are doing at all times. When assigned to a one-to-one with a client, the requirement is to have eyes on the client at all times during the assigned period. If observing a client leaving the premises, the expectation is to follow them until further assistance can be provided.
- Facilitate residential daily schedule including participating in, and providing support to residents, to include but not limited to, activities such as chores, deep clean of designated space, meal service, laundry service, groups, activities, and events
- Provide transportation to residents for community outings and meetings in company vehicle in a safe and legal manner.
- Practice compliance with all policies, record keeping requirements, checklist assignments, assigned documentation, and any other assigned duties.
- Remain current and up to date on all trainings and certifications required to maintain employment with Newport Healthcare.
Bachelor’s level degree in psychology, counseling or sociology desired.
Minimum of 1 year in a similar role.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.