The Care Coordinator I is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: Working under the direction of the Care Manager, Nursing Supervisor, or Manager of Clinical Services. The Care Coordinator is responsible for coordination of assigned clinical duties and medical care and/or treatment to ensure the provision of consumer services. This position will provide support to Case management and Nursing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Assist Care Manager(s)/Program Director(s)/Case Manager(s) in coordinating consumer needs, concerns, and treatment interventions.
3. Participate in consumer intake assessments and interviews. Assist in coordinating initial treatment plans and intake arrangements to meet consumers’ needs.
4. Participate in Person Centered Planning (PCP) Team as residential representative as requested by Care Manager(s)/Program Director(s)/Case Manager(s).
5. Maintain updated consumer records (i.e. PCP Team packets, treatment plan addendum(s) updated demographic sheets, etc.) in group books, and master files. Ensure current/accurate demographics information is supplied to appropriate HNBHS administrative staff.
6. Assist in scheduling and tracking all consumer medical appointments, both internal and external; update records. Transport consumers to scheduled and/or urgent appointments as directed or needed by Care Manager/Program Director/Nursing Supervisor. Communicate with the consumer, program staff and guardian of future appointments.
7. Assist Care Manager(s)/Program Director(s)/Nursing Supervisor in requesting tracking, and updating all the required consent forms necessary for treatment and other correspondence.
Document medical care provided and health status in individual records for continuity of care.
8. Coordinate and track the ordering of routine and as needed laboratory tests, assessing for abnormal results and notifying the Nursing Supervisor as appropriate.
9. Maintains consumer records – meeting all appropriate standards according to HNBHS and all regulatory bodies. Periodically audits records as directed.
a. Medication Administration Records – Details specific to the Nurse Care Manager
b. Tracks prescriptions, makes copies and ensures a copy is available in the designated area within the Medication Room.
c. Charts weights and vitals; monitors compliance
d. Sends Consents to treat to guardians or persons served
e. Prepares the necessary paperwork for all medical appointments
f. Reviews Acceptance Log/Sheet. Informs personnel of meal refusals and/or new trends
g. Tracks time for MD and Care Manager (SALS)
10. Coordinate and triage acute medical concerns.
SIDE BY SIDE ONLY:
a. Follow up with tours, referrals and other inquiries.
b. Intake meeting with families and Annual PCP Meetings.
c. Provide families with information on other services.
d. Create the monthly newsletter for Side By Side (staff will assist).
e. Communicate with staff so that treatment plans reflects the care received at Side By Side.
f. Mail quarterly donation letters and annual caregiver surveys.
Secondary Essential Functions/Responsibilities
1. Complete referral information for vocational and other services as needed.
2. Attend scheduled Treatment Teams; record and distribute meeting minutes, if any, and copies of reviewed monthlies to master files, care managers, and program logs.
3. Implement and document individual treatment plans. Create and distribute data sheets.
4. Provides assistance with follow-up appointments and treatments as needed.
5. Assist with fundraising events.
6. Assist with arranging transportation services as needed according to participant schedules.
7. Maintains appropriate levels of stock supplies and medications as determined by the needs of the program and persons served. Orders and tracks stock medications in a timely manner.
8. Ordering and tracking par level of stock medications as applicable.
9. Assist the Nursing Supervisor in medical or health care education for the staff and consumers as assigned. Participate in the orientation and training of new staff members.
10. Attend Program Committee Meetings, Clinical Meetings, Nursing Meetings, and other meetings as assigned by the Care Manager(s)/Program Director(s)/Nursing Supervisor.
11. Coordinate collection and calculate percentage outcomes monthly.
12. Follows general safety practices. Reports any unsafe conditions to the Program Manager and/or Facility Manager.
13. Communicate with staff members to provide individualized treatment plans based on any changes participants may have.
14. Communicate with family members quarterly so that we can address any changing needs as they occur, 6 month family meetings if participant’s caregiver is able.
15. Practices according to licensing and/or accreditation standards for assigned programs(s).
16. Assists Agency personnel when networking with other relevant agencies and providers.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Associates degree in human services or mental health field and/or Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
2. Certified Medical Assistant is required for Care Coordinator I at Integrated Care Programs.
3. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record according to Hope Network Behavioral Health Services policy.
4. Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position requirements.
6. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and document individual treatment plans.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. A minimum of one-year experience working in a mental health or rehab setting.
2. Demonstrated ability to work with individuals having mental health treatment needs that includes; physical, emotional, social and/or vocational needs.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide person-centered care to individuals, observe emotional, vocational, social and physical behaviors; therapeutically adapts responses and treatment to meet the individual needs of persons served.