The Care Coordination Medical Interpreter is responsible for coordinating medical services and provides English/Chinese interpretation services to patients in order to facilitate effective and accurate communication between Medical Provider and Patient. This person will develop and implement various outreach activities to engage members, document and report program progress and measure outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide patients with access to medical providers and other clinical staff by interpreting between English and Chinese in the clinical office and/or
• Assist patients by interpreting forms or making phone calls for referral specialists and/or other outside medical procedures.
• Assist MSO Case Management team in tracking and follow up CM activities and ensuring patients adhere to CM program.
• Develop and implement outreach activities to managed care members assigned by Health Plan to NEMS, to generate interest in NEMS services.
• Conduct outreach activities to assigned members by phone, mail or any other form of communication method approved by NEMS Administration.
• Communicate with each PCP clinic and staffs regarding current care coordination activities to promote awareness of the MSO CM/CC Program.
• Coordinate and communicate with other NEMS Care Coordinators and staff partaking in outreach activities to promote engagement rate.
• Collect and report statistical information for monthly and quarterly reports.
• Document program measure results and submit to MSO Committee as needed.
• Contribute to NEMS’ marketing strategy and other outreach project planning
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Completion of a two year degree from an accredited higher education institution
• 1-3 years’ experience interpreting in a clinical setting preferred
• Certified Medical Interpreter certification (CMI) a plus
• Working knowledge of project management and outreach program
• Knowledge of State/Federal healthcare compliance requirements, particularly DHCS/Medi-Cal guidelines a plus
• Must pass NEMS QBS (Qualified Bilingual Staff) test at level 3 or higher.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to self-manage in a detail oriented environment;
• Ability to operate PC based software programs or automated database management systems
• Good organization and prioritization skills, outstanding in time management.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English
- Must be verbally fluent in Cantonese.
- The ability to speak a third language, specifically Mandarin, is highly preferred
This is an FLSA Non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).