The Care Coordinator provides administrative and technical support to the Clinical Supervisor and team members. Responsible for the operational aspects of the referral and authorization process. Coordinates authorized services with appropriate agencies. Communicates with Members on a regular basis and collaborates with team members to support Members’ needs.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
- Responsible for accurate review and entry of authorization data into computerized database. Manages expiring authorization reports.
- Assists case management with scheduling and coordination of patient services, as directed by the team. Meets regularly with clinical team and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Acts as a resource to Care Managers, assists with scheduling and tracking of Member contacts, visits & UAS.
- Manages various reports within EHR as directed.
- Answers phone for team, triaging calls, answering questions and escalating as appropriate.
- Performs clerical duties, such as filing, typing, copying, faxing, and taking messages, as directed by supervisor
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma. Associates degree preferred in related field.
- 2 or more years’ experience in the healthcare industry or a degree as Medical Assistant.
- Strong computer literacy and comfort, ability and desire to advance technically and understand industry standards.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to identify potential issues and participate in their resolution.
- Proficiency with computer systems, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and various software applications.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaboratively with ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Speaking/visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend and express written/verbal communication.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking
- Extended periods of computer use
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
- 401K with generous Employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- On-Site Employee Fitness Center and Gym Membership
- Partially funded HSA
- Paid Time Off and Extended Sick Leave
- Short/Long term Disability
- Exceptional work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Much More!
About Nascentia Health:
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post acute care and long-term community health, at our brand new headquarters featuring state-of-the-art technology and an on-site employee gym. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team.
A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team.
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent upon negative results of a pre-hire drug screen