Reports To: Team Leader/ Unit Director
Trainings: Annual, QPRT
Career Development: Case Manager ?Therapist ? Therapist LIP ? Asst. Dir ? Dir
The Medical Stabilization Care Coordinator is responsible for providing prompt telephone screening of potential referrals to ARMC Medical Stabilization Program and assist in the coordination of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt and accurate triage of incoming calls and initiates screening documentation
* Provides competent risk assessment as appropriate
* Provides screening for substance use or other behavioral health related problems
* Provides competent crisis intervention as appropriate
* Completes appropriate documentation in a timely and accurate manner according to ARMC/ABH standards
* Referrals are made to appropriate services with appropriately credentialed providers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of ARMC/ABH and community resources
* Accurately report information to team member and participates with team members, clients, and families in completing documentation within established time frames
* As appropriate to scope of practice, assists in the data collection for each assigned client, including the following:
? The relationship of each clients physical status to dependence.
? The nature of the comparison to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
? The intensity of the clients mental preoccupation with using alcohol and/or drugs.
* As appropriate to scope of practice, demonstrates a knowledge of the natural history of dependence
* As appropriate to scope of practice, demonstrates an understanding of the biopsychosocial influences and effects of dependencies
* Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the core competency curriculum for each assigned age/disability group
* Maintains service orientation to internal and external customers
* Attends 80% of all scheduled staff meetings
* Assures timely completion and filing of screening documentation and forwarding of documentation to appropriate sources
* Assists clients in scheduling external appointments as appropriate based on need
Education: Bachelor's degree in a behavioral health related field
Training: Psychiatric assessment using DSM-IV, Crisis Intervention and training/experience in substance abuse evaluation or NJ CADC.
Valid NJ drivers license for use of company vehicle
Training/Experience: Training/ Experience in Substance Use Evaluation. Strong knowledge of Community Resources, ARMC/ABH System. Practical Experience in Crisis Intervention, Psychiatric Assessment, Insurance Verification. Excellent Organizational Skills
Equipment Use: Computer, facsimile, shredder, copier
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Date Reviewed: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled