Care Manager Behavioral Health Telehealth
-Coordinates and supports behavioral telehealth care. Performs psychosocial assessment and care management.
- Receives and responds to behavioral telehealth consult requests.
- Obtains patient information from referring healthcare team and available medical records.
- Coordinates with referring healthcare team to setup appointment, space, and telecommunication technology.
- Conducts initial psychosocial assessment through telehealth interview with patient, family and/or significant others to determine patient condition/needs.
- Reports on patient to attending Psychiatrist for psychiatric evaluation.
- Receives behavioral care plan from attending Psychiatrist to coordinate treatment.
- Coordinates necessary resources to move patient along continuum in a timely manner and performs administrative aspects of care management.
- Contributes to healthcare team’s, patient’s and family’s understanding of social and emotional elements of patient’s life related to diagnose and treatment.
- Identifies and effectively utilizes community resources to help meet patient needs.
- Monitors patient’s progress and intervenes, as necessary, to ensure care provided is patient focused, high quality, efficient, and cost effective.
- Completes documentation in accordance with policies and procedures of the organization, State and Federal regulations
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling, required.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, required. Master’s Degree in Nurse Practitioner Program, preferred.
Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required.
- Prior experience in one of the following areas: outreach, screening, supportive counseling, or case management, required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (i.e. Microsoft, Electronic Medical Record, etc.), required.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively interact with team members and patients. Sensitive to cultural diversity and low literacy issues in care provision.
Finance Job Family: CLP_AG
Job: Mental Health
Primary Location: Nassau County-Valley Stream-Franklin Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member