Are you passionate about improving health outcomes for individuals living with HIV? ThisCare Managerposition will focus on working with a team to engage clients who are living with HIV, but are not consistently in medical care, with care management services.Clients’ active participation in their health care maximizes their viral load suppression, so they can remain healthy and prevent further transmission!
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for compassionate and engaging individualsfamiliar with regional HIV primary care, mental health, substance abuse and other services/resources. This position requires commitment, self-motivation, and effective communication, documentation and time management. Successful candidates will be able to build trusting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and external service providers. If you have strong community liaison skills, and possess an understanding of community level work, theAlliance for Positive Healthwould like to talk to you!
- Develop and implement creative strategies to recruit and retain clients in services.
- Actively support clients in activities that improve their health outcomes resulting in sustained viral load suppression.
- Conduct home visits and/or meet clients at designated service providers and community locations to increase accessibility.
- Collaborate with the Health Educator to identify needed and appropriate health education services for clients.
- Collect, report and use client health indicator, contact, and history data to address barriers and improve individual health outcomes.
- Coordinate services and referrals. Negotiate and advocate on behalf of clients for services that support self-sufficiency and self-management. Conduct multidisciplinary case conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Health or related field and two years of human service experience.
Non-exempt;full-time 37.5 hours per week. Position starts at $18.30/hour with generous benefits & time off.