The primary role of the Care Partner - AL position is to provide Christ – centered support and assistance to residents allowing them to enjoy their highest level of independence while receiving the necessary care and service to meet their changing needs. The Care Partner – AL provides resident care services and administration of medications which includes charting, reporting and monitoring resident’s condition. The Care Partner – AL is required to be Certified Nurse Assistant/Aides and Certified Medication Aides in addition to their responsibilities. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Certified Medication Aide (MA) including completion of 40 hour minimum state approved course.
- Certified Nurse’s Aide is required.
- Active member in good standing on the state Medication Aide (MA) Registry is required.
- One (1) year of general work experience is required.
- Work-related experience is desired.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct resident contact.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification or ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire is required.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs of the senior and/or frail elderly population and their families.
- Ability to prepare and administer medication and treatments accurately and timely.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a care giving function.
- Skilled in effective and appropriate written communication.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, co-workers, family members, and management.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, instruments and equipment and how to use and maintain them.
- Ability to appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials to do certain work.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally; clear and concise, make eye contact, pleasantly greet people, and use tact and diplomacy in interactions at all levels.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Ability to work shifts as posted and/or required.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).