- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Transaction Processing
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024076
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s explain what we do andexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Americas Trade Services is a key unit within the Global Trade Operations, with servicing responsibilities for a group of several trade products (documentary L/C, Collections and Standby L/C families) and Latin America, supporting several Citigroup businesses. Global Trade Operation offers world-class trade services in over 70 markets around the globe. The Tampa-based organization supports North America and LATAM clients as initiators of transactions to counterparties in other Global Regions, as well as completing transactions to our clients that emanate from Citigroup branches or foreign banks in other Regions. The Organization provides our corporate and FI clients with transaction preparation, processing and customer service. In striving to achieve high quality delivery, the organization works closely with business partners and internal services. A significant focus on control, customer service and quality is practiced at the transaction and process levels.
This is a role within the TTS Operations team based in the Tampa CSC. The successful candidate will be required to lead a team of Service Representatives in Tampa CSC, Colombia Service (Trade) Hub and Lead the service function for Trade across Service/Operations teams in LATAM countries.
From the Product perspective, the successful candidate will cover the following products and functions:
- Trade Services: Export and Import LC’s, Standby and Guarantees and Collections.
- Supply Chain Finance/ Global Account Receivables and Trade Finance.
- Tampa Site Trade Service Professionals– Line Manager.
- Matrix Management of Supply Chain Service Hub in Colombia.
- Trade Service Lead across LATAM countries.
- Future migrations and projects.
This is a critical leadership role for LATAM Trade responsibility stretching across a number of functional and product areas and geographies.
The Service function is part of the wider integrated support model for the Trade Product Family (Trade Services, Trade Finance, and Trade Working Capital Finance).
Development of strong partnerships and lines of communications across geographies and functions are critical to stay informed work collectively to deliver value added solutions and services to our clients. Provide a predictable high quality service to our internal and external customers across LATAM.
- Manage a team of Trade Service Professionals in Tampa CSC and extended workforce in Colombia Trade Service hub.
- Oversight and best practices implementation across Service footprint in LatAm (Hubs and Country Service).
- Lead regional execution of the service strategy across sites.
- Increased customer satisfaction (both internal and external).
- Established credibility and strong operations, audit, and front office working relationships.
- Strong partnerships developed with our Branch Operations, Product Partners, as well all Citi Service Centers globally
- Lead and/or support Trade digitization efforts for the region.
- Demonstrates understanding of the external trends and issues impacting clients
- Lead teams to listen and learn from clients; Anticipates and addresses their emerging needs
- Develops trusted partnerships with clients by consistently delivering to our commitments in terms of expert advice, timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Acts as an escalation point of contact for any service issues.
- Meet execution targets in terms of quality of service, knowledge of product and timeliness of handling client inquires and investigations.
- Identify and implement service enhancements and process improvement.
- Defect Management, ensuring root cause analysis and corrective action plans are effective.
- Continuous assessment, tracking and training of Service Professionals to ensure optimal product knowledge and service.
- Ensure continuous review of processes to identify potential control gaps and ensure upward reporting of any issues.
- Immediate reporting of any Potential Loss Events and Customer Complaints
- Maintain and/or improve the risk free environment required in this arena.
- Maximize process improvement/changes and develop & manage key reporting metrics
- Reduced errors and increased operating effectiveness.
- Ensure teams we meet our Goals of zero holdovers.
- Self-starter, Self-Motivated/Results Orientated.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills. Ability to quickly understand and resolve complex issues.
- Possess highly effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven Track Record
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Spanish, English written and spoken. Portuguese is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Service or Operations Role
- People management experience essential
- Trade experience highly desirable