Join Elwyn California!
ABOUT ELWYN CALIFORNIA
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
Elwyn California is currently seeking a DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL or CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT - Full-time and Part-time to work with our team in residential group homes in the Concord and Walnut Creek areas. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Administrator.
Friday - Monday PM shift (2:30p-11:00p)
Direct Support Professional /Certified Nursing Assistant
• Direct Support Professional staff provide assistance and supervise residents in activities of daily living.
• Responsible for adhering to and documenting an individual's program as directed by the Program Administrator, RN House Manager or licensed staff in charge.
• Responsible for providing active programming at all times.
• Responsible for adherence to standards, procedures and schedules established by their supervisor.
• Functions are consistent with certified nurse's aide regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring that any suspicion of or knowledge of suspected abuse is reported in accordance with the law and program policies "Mandated Reporter" (SOC 341).
• High School diploma or GED.
• Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
• Must have at least one year experience working in a program serving persons with developmental disabilities.
• Ability to work in a variety of environments and settings.
• Ability to work weekend shifts Hours of operation is 24-7; AM-shift, PM-shift, and NOC-shift.
• Potential exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical nursing environment.
• Interaction with consumers who display aggressive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
• Valid California driver license
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen, including current TB
• Successful completion of DOJ and FBI background check
• Successful completion of all trainings as required by applicable regulations, including, but not limited to, DSP1 and DSP2.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Elwyn California offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 403b retirement plan. Other benefits include, paid sick time, paid vacation time, paid personal holidays, and paid legal holidays.
#CA #MON Caregiver, DSP, Las Trampas, Anka Behavioral Health, Maxim, Home Health Aid, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, home health, homecare, homehealth care, nursing, keywords : RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, nursing, homecare, home care, home health, home healthcare, case manager, Medicare, patient care, developmental disabilties, disabilities, direct support professional, DSP, direct care, carepro, caretaker
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled