Join the fun Oakview team in Thousand Oaks! The Caregiver provides personal care and non-personal care assistance to residents when there is a need. This is rewarding position for someone that has a passion to help others
Now Offering a $750 SIGN ON BONUS*
- Changes beds, gives showers or baths and assists with dressing.
- Assists with escorts to the dining room, beauty shop, physical therapy, activities, etc.
- Makes daily rounds to residents.
- Keeps Supervisor informed of residents� status.
- Takes vital signs as indicated.
- Responds to all �Call for Aide� made.
- Assists the resident with tray service.
- Assists with ongoing assessment of residents� needs.
- Maintains accurate records of observations and services rendered to residents.
- Promotes/protects resident rights.
- Complies with abuse prevention and reporting policies and procedures.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Uses chain of command to communicate problems or grievances.
- Participates in staff meetings and mandatory in-services as required.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists the resident in making doctor�s appointments.
- At least one year caregiving experience, preferably in an Assisted Living or health care center; or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a health care and CCRC environment
- Knowledge and practice of safe lifting and back care techniques
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain current First Aid card
Applicants for this position are required to complete a computer-based Customer Service Aptitude test. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an email confirmation will be sent to you. On the email is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the test at a time that is convenient for you. Be aware, once you begin the test, you will not be able to 'come and go' on the testing site. You must complete the test in one sitting. The test is multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the test has been completed. Check your spam filter if you do not receive the confirmation email.
About OakView Health Center:
OakView is a 5-star rated Health Center located in Thousand Oaks, adjacent to the campus of University Village Thousand Oaks, a large resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community. OakView offers 48 Medicare certified Skilled Nursing beds and 49 Assisted Living apartments, including a dedicated and secure memory support wing. OakView provides professional staffing 24 hours a day, as well as full-service rehabilitation resources including physical, occupational and speech therapy. Set in a beautiful location, surrounded by natural hills our residents enjoy delicious meals; many planned social, recreational, educational and cultural activities; and compassionate assistance with daily living, all with the goal of the highest level of independence possible.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
OakView Health Center offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://oakview.hrmdirect.com.
*Bonus of $750 to be paid out $250 to be paid after 30 days, $500 to be paid after 90 days