Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Coordinate disposition of product refused by customer or left on trailers by customers. Investigate and perform data gathering activities; oversee multiple open delivery discrepancies at any one time including Refrigerated, Dry, Flatbed, Rail and Logistics loads.
- Manage, control and monitor delivery discrepancies until Swift has been relieved of control of the product by the customer.
- Ensure customers are appropriately billed for expenses related to agreed upon services rendered (ie. re-delivery fees, destruction charges, storage fees, other accessorial charges, etc.).
- Respond to incoming phone calls, e-mails or messages from Drivers (Company or Owner Operator) related cargo discrepancies at delivery.
- Monitor freight disposition queues regularly. Maintain key performance metrics.
- Evaluate refused freight and use Best In Class customer service to coordinate with designated department personnel the disposition of refused freight for timely resolution.
- Verify and document proper handling of disposition in appropriate systems of record and various customer websites/portals.
- Authorize and control costs associated with delivery discrepancies by negotiating with customers, third party vendors and Swift’s designated internal department personnel. Make effective and appropriate economic decisions based upon the communications and data gathered.
- Contact all parties involved and obtain updates regarding disposition of refused freight on the day of the reported incident.
- Communicate and provide updated claim information and instruction of freight per shipper's specifications; enter customer comments into computer system.
- Properly notate and document all charges being assessed to ensure proper billing and recovery of charges.
- Manage and maintain queue of open claims waiting for billing to process. Communicate with billing department to ensure timely application of charges.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills. Must possess strong data entry skills. Must be able to handle a high call volume and recognize the need for follow up verses answering inbound calls when volumes are high. Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: 1 year experience in customer service or similar experience required.
Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills. Must possess strong data entry skills. Must be able to handle a high call volume and recognize the need for follow up verses answering inbound calls when volumes are high. Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
1 year experience in customer service or similar experience required.