Join our team. We offer a great benefit program, paid time off and retirment plan.
- Verifies piece count and signs off documents; checks in inbound/outbound freight and labels freight.
- Dimensionalizes freight; weighs and reweighs freight.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Loads and unloads containers or pallets; performs OS&D manifests.
- Works within the protocol of Lynden Air Freight’s requirements for cargo handling.
- Using computer inputs entries for freight movement. Data Entry, Data Processing, Email.
- Be able to run receiving desk (Receive freight, enter re-weigh and dimensional information into skeleton entry and generate labels for staging cargo), and process shipments through cross-dock program efficiently.
- Documents damage using company guidelines.
- Follows Hazmat protocol when working with shipments.
- Works with internal customers in providing solutions in keeping with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures.
- May be assigned special projects and other duties.
- Works with forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
High school education or equivalent preferred. 1-2 years experience working in warehouse with experience with forklift, pallet jack and other dock equipment.
Ability to write legibly, especially numbers, and to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Computer skills to complete on-line forms and input information into data base and manage email. Assist with carrier selection and documentation with limited supervision.
Must be able to lift and move cargo, frequently up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 100 lbs; frequent walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling;
Environmental conditions affect forklift driving.
Intermediate use of MS Office products a plus.
Must be able to pass Security Threat Assessment under TSA regulations.
- Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment(STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver’s License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA’s will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.